1.Affordable Real Estate- The local market offers record affordability, amenities, & seller incentives; 50% more affordable in the last 5 years; weak U.S. dollar gives great discounts for foreign buyers.
2. Top Market for Int’l Buyers- Florida is the top states in the U.S. Miami is the top market for int’l buyers & is expected to outperform other U.S. markets long into the future.
3. Enviable Weather- The only major “subtropical” city in the continental U.S. averages temperature 75 F/23 C.
4. Beautiful Beaches – Greater Miami has 84 miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline & 67 square miles of inland waterways & more than 15 miles of world-famous beaches.
5. Water Sports & Activities- Enjoy snorkeling, sailing, boating, kayaking, swimming, driving & other water sport all year around.
6. Exiting Lifestyle for All- young adults, families, baby boomers, retirees, celebrities, and visitors museums, performing arts venues, art galleries, professional sports, & amazing place to shop.
7. Fabulous Nightlife- Ocean Drive & more – top restaurants, night clubs, bars, world famous hot-spots.
8.Restaurants- In Miami you can savor worldwide cuisine unlike in any other city in the U.S.
9. Entertainment Industry- Mayor fashion center, top modeling agencies in the world, Fashion Week & more than 2,400 motion pictures & video businesses.
10. Commercial & Investment Real Estate- Vacancy rates for all commercial sectors in Miami are below the national average; retail & multi-family are outperforming most major markets in U.S.
11. “Gateway to the Americas”- Strategic locations between Latin America & Europe; “Capital of the Americas” – perfect for business or pleasure.
12. The Most Int’l City in the U.S. – nearly 50% of population is foreign born & speak over 100 languages.
13. Global Business Center – for business, finance, commerce, media, entertainment, art & international trade; no state income tax; home to nearly 1,200 multinational companies from 56 nations; more than 100 international consulates, trade office & bi-national chambers of commerce.
14. Hotels - ranks fifth in U.S in occupancy after New York, Oahu Island, San Francisco & Boston.
15. Top Tourist Destination - 12.6 million overnight guests – with 6 million of them int’l visitors.
16. World Aviation Hub - 3rd in the U.S. with 33.5 million passenger a year, over 80 airlines to 120 destinations – top freight airport in the U.S. with 1.8 million tons – $ 19 billion in business revenue/year.
17. Port of Miami – “Cruise Capital of the World” with more than 4 million passengers a year; also serves 240 seaports; 9 million tons of sea cargo; top markets: China, Italy, Hon Kong, Honduras & Brazil.
18. Educational Institutions - 4th largest U.S. School District; 5 Colleges & Universities; 3 Law Schools.
19. Hospitals – 33 Hospitals; Jackson Memorial is one of the top 25 hospitals in the U.S. & Miami Children’s Hospital is rated the top pediatric hospital in the country.
20. Top Rankings
- Miami has the largest concentration of international banks in the U.S.
- Miami’s skyline ranks third in the U.S. behind New York & Chicago 18th in the world (Almanac of Architecture & Design)
- Miami is the only major city in the United States bordered by two National Parks, Everglades National Park on the West, & Biscayne National Park on the East.
It’s great to live, work & play in Miami! by Miami Realtors Association
Suzanne Oostdyk CRS, MBF
Fortune International Realty